Full Day Trip to Ait Ben Haddou from Marrakech
Explore a UNESCO World Heritage Site in the foothills of the High Atlas Mountains on a full-day, small-group tour from Marrakech to Ait Ben Haddou that includes hotel pickup and drop-off, breakfast, and entrance fees. Climb the winding Tizi n Tichka Pass, walk through Ait Ben Haddou with a guide, and visit Atlas Film Studios with a local guide. This small-group tour is limited to 15 participants for a personalized experience.
- 11-hour, small-group tour to Ait Ben Haddou from Marrakech
- Visit a historic UNESCO Site
- See the High Atlas Mountains
- Tour a film studio in the desert
- Breakfast included
- All entrance fees included
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in Marrakech
What You Can Expect :
Start the day with 8am pickup at your hotel in Marrakech, then begin the 118-mile (190-km) drive to Ait Ben Haddou in a comfortable vehicle with a driver/guide. The drive itself is a highlight of the trip, and as you wind up the steep Tizi n Tichka Pass, you’ll have dramatic views of the Atlas Mountains and Moroccan desert at every turn—and a breakfast stop along the way.
Pause to stretch your legs in the mountain community of Telouet, where you can explore a crumbling, historic kasbah, then continue to Ouarzazate. Follow narrow alleys and winding streets through the sand-colored city of Ait Ben Haddou, a ksar whose fortified walls protect earthen houses that date back to the 17th century. The entire complex is a UNESCO Site, and it’s an ideal place to explore the distinctive architecture of Southern Morocco.
Refuel with lunch at a local restaurant (own expense), then visit the Atlas Film Studios to see the remains of sets from iconic movies and television shows including Lawrence of Arabia, Gladiator, and Game of Thrones. After touring the studio, begin the 3.5-hour drive back to Marrakech, where you’ll arrive at your hotel between 7pm and 8pm.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entrance fees
- Bottled water
- Local guide
Not Included :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Departure TimePlease arrive by 07:45 AM for a prompt departure at 08:00 AM.
Return TimeApproximately 7:00 PM.
Dress CodeCasual, comfortable athletic clothing, hiking shoes, hat and sun glaces.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
- A minimum of 4 people per booking is required
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Departure point : Your hotel or a designated central location in Marrakech.
- Departure time : 08am Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
- Duration : 11 hours (approx.).
- Return details : Returns to original departure point.