Sunset Camel Ride in the Palm Grove of Marrakech
Make like a true Moroccan with a classic mint tea and camel ride on this sunset experience from Marrakech. After pickup from your Marrakech hotel, visit a traditional Berber home to enjoy a refreshing mint tea with a friendly Berber family. Next, continue to the Palmeraie, a palm grove that edges Marrakech. Here, hop on a camel and enjoy a leisurely 1-hour ride around the lush palms and sunset-washed sands of this picture-postcard grove.
- A 1-hour guided camel ride through Marrakech’s palm grove
- Enjoy a breathtaking sunset from the top of a camel
- Visit a traditional Berber house for tea
- Small-group tour limited to seven people to ensure a quality experience
What You Can Expect :
Begin your experience with a pickup from your central Marrakech hotel. Meet your friendly driver, hop inside your comfortable, air-conditioned vehicle with the rest of your small group, and set off for your first destination — a traditional Berber home.
Be welcomed by the friendly family who live in the house, and sit down for a delicious, freshly brewed mint tea — a staple in Morocco. As you sip, chat to the family members about their daily lives and the customs they follow.
Next, return to your vehicle and drive to the Palmeraie, a picturesque palm grove on the fringes of the city. Be shown to your camel and learn how these hardy desert animals have been used for transport in Morocco for centuries thanks to their ability to travel long distances without water.
After a safety briefing, climb into the saddle on the back of the camel and relax as you enjoy a ride through the verdant palms and sands. Take photos of the views as the sun descends through the sky and absorb the serenity of the surroundings as you saunter through the grounds.
After your approximate 1-hour ride, drive back to your hotel where your experience ends.
- Use of a touareg dress and cheich (touareg scarf to protect the face from the sun)
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan or 4WD
- Snack with Moroccan mint tea are included
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- English speaking guide
- Camel Ride tour
- Visit of a berber house
- Small-group tour
- All taxes
- Entrance fees
- Fuel included
Not Included :
- Gratuities (optional)
DepartureHotels and riads located in central Marrakech
Departure Time2 hours before the sunset
Dress CodeCasual, comfortable athletic clothing, hat and sun glaces.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of two people are required for this tour to operate. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is only one person booked onto the tour. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- A conservative dress code is recommended in Morocco. Men and women should keep their upper body (especially shoulders, chest and midriff) as well as their knees covered at all times as a sign of respect to the local culture. Wearing shorts is not recommended.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Departure point : Hotels and riads located in central Marrakech If you are staying inside the Medina, your pickup will be at the closest point accessible to vehicles (this may involve a short walk).
- Departure time : 2 hours before the sunset.
- Duration : 3 hours (approx).
- Return details : Returns to original departure point.